Nivis News and Events
Recent News Stories
- Nivis Announces Updates to Smart Object Platform Generation 3
- Nivis appoints Ovidiu Ratiu as President and Chief Operating Officer
- Nivis Announces ISA100 Gateway Client Interface (GCI) SDK Availability
- Nivis Announces Internet of Things Communication Stack Source Code Availability
- Nivis Announces First Integrator Distribution Agreements
- Launch of Nivis’ Smart Object Platform Fuels the Internet of Things Revolution
Nivis Announces Updates to Smart Object Platform Generation 3
ATLANTA, Georgia — (February, 2, 2015) – Nivis, a global leader in Smart Grid and industrial wireless networking announces several updates to its Smart Object Platform Generation 3 M1. This version adds new features and fixes issues. The release includes software and firmware binaries and documentation.
The new version includes several new features, improvements and fixes:
- Smart Object is now even easier to use as a network interface card. The Generation3 M1 extended the smart object API with new methods and functionalities that will allow configuration of the network settings, security settings, and operation modes from the external application.
- More resources for the external application are now available.
- Significant memory optimization
- Minor fixes on Edge Router and Smart Object.
Nivis’ Smart Object Platform is a turnkey solution comprised of firmware, software and hardware; the integrators using this platform can easily build new products that will seamlessly and securely integrate and become a part of the Internet of Things market. The Smart Object communication stack is offered in conjunction with the VN400 Smart Object module and the VR1000 “Quark” Edge Router. It is the world’s first IEEE 802.15.4g frequency hopping compliant product line to pass regulatory compliance in the US, Canada, Japan and EU.
More information about this product, its technical documentation and a detailed list of features and specs can be found here.
Nivis is a world leader in open standard wireless sensing and control network technologies, including 6LoWPAN, ISA100.11a, and WirelessHART. Nivis technologies are field-proven and at work today inside some of the largest smart metering and industrial wireless OEMs. Nivis serves customers in 30 countries worldwide from its U.S. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia and its European offices in Romania.For more information, visit the Nivis website at http://www.nivis.com.